At Putney Playgrounds we believe that engaging in Art & Craft experiences benefits all aspects of children’s development.
Through art and craft children are able to :-
- Express their feeling
- Assert Individuality
- Develop an understanding of cause and effect
- Create the ability to label shapes and objects
- Help to develop planning skills
- Provide opportunities for children to learn directionality
- Continue to develop fine motor skills.
The purpose of art experiences is to allow children to explore on their own, using materials in their own ways. We aim to enable the children to learn that their own abilities are valued and children will begin to freely participate in the creation of art.